Thursday, October 31, 2013

Studio Assistant!

So much has happened in the last few weeks I am really behind on blogging!  I will try to get caught back up...

A couple of weeks ago, I finally met up with Kristin, the artist from Versailles, and started helping her with a piece of art she was trying to finish for an open Studio she was having in New York City. As I mentioned in the last post, the project was was gluing down strips of shredded paper onto a canvas in a specific pattern.  I have attached a couple of pics of the piece, which turned out really great, i thought!! Once that piece was finished we started on another piece, which Kristin planned to finish in New York.  It was a really neat experience getting to work with an artist.  We talked about everything under the sun, including art, and had a really good time.  :) It was definitely motivating and inspired me to get started doing stuff of my own!!

 Kristin's website is http://kristinrichards.com , but it looks like she is updating and doesn't have her "Paper" pieces listed right now.  Be sure to check back!


This is a picture of the first piece, about 2/3 of the way done.  

The pink one in the back is another piece she had done... I love it!

The finished product!

This is the 2nd piece that we started.  This one was orange strips of paper in a diagonal design, to have additional layers added on top.  

No comments: