Friday, October 11, 2013

Starting Over

I made a bold step two weeks ago, by turning in my resignation at my job, with no job lined up to go to.  I felt like it was now or never and now was the right time.  Life is too short to be miserable, stressed and upset all the time!  I have been thinking about what I want out of life... If I could be anything, what would I want to be?  An artist, a business owner: these are the two I keep coming back to.  Yes, I could get another full time job in an office environment.  Yes, I could probably make decent money... but is that my dream?  My dream has been to start up a business, making things or re purposing things from recycled materials; things that were on their way out to the curb, making them into something new.  I love the idea, that even at our very worst, when we are on our way out to the curb, there is still hope for us to be picked up and changed into something wonderful, useful, beautiful.  So... I am hoping to document my journey to make this dream real.

Day 1 (with no job):

Found a post on Craigslist wanting a Studio Assistant to help an artist here in Versailles finishing a couple of art pieces for a show in New York next weekend.  I'm going to do it!! It's not about the money, it's the chance to get started, involved with art, make a connection.  I'm excited!  Supposed to set up a time to meet today. :)

More to come...

2 comments:

R.A. said...

Tiff, this is VERY exciting! I can't wait to read your upcoming posts! Also, I've been thinking of you lots lately, so we should talk on the phone soon. :)

Tiffany said...

Thanks Rachel! I haven't been very good about blogging, but will try to do better. :) I would love to chat on the phone soon! I will text you to see when is a good time to talk.